Co-perform provided the Sustainability Management Plan and Section J services for the new Carrum Family & Children’s Centre. The Centre delivers a state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor learning environment. The Centre includes intimate indoor spaces and the outdoor environment is considered just as important for children’s learning experiences:
Carrum Family and Children's Centre
- 4 playrooms totalling over 100 child care places.
- 2 Maternal and child health consulting rooms.
ESD features of the project include:
- An “excellent” rating aspiration on the Sustainable Design Scorecard.
- Attention to the passive design elements (glazing specifications, exposure/covering/insulation of thermal mass, blinds, natural ventilation, etc) and the selection of energy efficient equipment enables a 30% to 40% energy reduction.
- Post occupancy ESD evaluation performed by Co-Perform.